Thursday, December 19, 2019

ADULT BOY, the album



This is the album i recently released under the musical entity band name thing ive been operating under called "accept yourself" (sorry to all my former bandmates in the project we all knew i was a self centered egotist that is best working alone)(that makes me laugh,smile,sad, and want to cry at the same time). I released it on my birthday (8/13) while in wyoming- i went to see the meteor shower that always happens on my birthday, but there ended up being a full moon so it wasnt that crazy but putting a mattress on top of the van and cuddling savannah under a frosted blanket at the base of my favorite place (the grand teton mountains) was epic though. so this album had actually been on ice for a minute i recorded it the fall/summer before this most recent one. i was falling apart and this album kept me together.people like to talk shit to me do you ever make non sad songs.fuck you.or just il put up my walls. i love this album, in all its shitiness.i consciously tried to deal with feeling of rejection,pain,not being good enough in a conscious way. the acoustic side [A] I wrote all the songs while savannah and me were mobbing around the country on trains and hopping in and out of strangers cars. side [B] I came up with when literally I was so close to the edge, was stayin at uncle tims empty house and he had a keyboard and a childrens drumset there,and I was just like what the fuck would I do if I wasn't this fucked up- pretend not to be- so  I started making beats and workin on the other side of the album...

No comments: